This award is designed to recognize established and future leaders among Jackson State University’s young alumni, defined as those who have been an alumnus for 15 years or less. Standards for recognition include one or more of the following: Demonstrated leadership capability, substantial indication of a commitment to the service of others, demonstration of potential for leadership/distinction in the long term, and substantial commitment to Jackson State University and its mission.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Active financial member of the local chapter
- Substantial indication of a commitment to the service of others
- Demonstrated leadership capability or demonstration of potential for leadership/distinction; and
- Substantial commitment to Jackson State University and its mission
The submission must be accompanied by supporting documents that demonstrate the following:
- Leadership capability
- Commitment to the service of others
- Potential for leadership/distinction in the long term
- Commitment to Jackson State University and its mission
- Nominations will be accepted through April 15, 2018. Recipients will be notified by June 01, 2018.
- Nominations must be made by a JSU Alumni Chapter in good standing with the Association. Submit the nomination application, narrative and appropriate supporting documentation.
- The nominating chapter will be responsible for the cost of the ticket for the recipient to attend the signature event.
- An electronic confirmation will be sent within five (5) business days of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact Daphne Marshall-Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm receipt of your nomination package.
Young Alumni Achievement Award Recognition
The recipient will be recognized at variomeetus designated events each year. Each recipient will also receive a personal award.
The official announcement of the recipient will be at a signature event of the JSUNAA, Inc. Recipients may also be recognized at the following events:
- Ride in the JSU Homecoming parade
- Recognized at the Homecoming Pre-game Show
- JSUNAA Annual Fall Council Meeting
Note: The Office of Alumni and Constituency Relations will be responsible for coordinating the process and ensuring that the recipients are prepared for the events.