The Jackson State University National Alumni Association Outstanding Achievement Award is given to a Notable alumnus who has distinguished themselves by making an impact on society through their respective professions, community involvement and/or philanthropic endeavors.
Criteria for Eligibility
• Nominees must have graduated from Jackson State University (undergraduate or graduate). Posthumous nominations will be considered as well.
• Nominees must have achieved substantial prominence in their profession or through their philanthropic endeavors, and have been honored by professional peers, organizations, and/or the community at the local, national, or international levels. These achievements, philanthropic endeavors and/or financial contributions should be comprehensively documented on the application form, brief narrative and/or resume.
Note: Nominees may be contacted by the JSUNAA Awards Committee to verify data on accompanying documentation if needed.
The submission must be accompanied by supporting documents that demonstrate the following:
• Significant contributions to their profession or community
• Accomplishments and Honors
• Nominations will be accepted through April 30, 2017. Nominees will be notified by June 30, 2017.
• Nominations may be made by another alumni member or the individual. If the nominator is not the nominee, please include the nominee in the application process.
• Submit the nomination application, resume, narrative, and appropriate supporting documentation.
• An electronic confirmation will be sent within five (5) business days of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact Daphne Marshall-Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm receipt of your nomination package.
Outstanding Achievement Award Recognition
The Outstanding Achievement Award recipient will be recognized at various designated events throughout the year and each recipient will receive a personal award.
The official announcement of the recipient will be at a signature event of the JSUNAA, Inc. Recipients may also be recognized at the following events:
• Ride in the JSU Homecoming parade
• Recognized at the Homecoming Pre-game Show
• JSUNAA Annual Fall Council Meeting
Note: The Office of Alumni and Constituency Relations will be responsible for coordinating the process and ensuring that the recipients are prepared for the events.