The Jackson State University National Alummoni Association Outstanding Achievement Award is given to a Notable alumnus who has distinguished themselves by making an impact on society through their respective professions, community involvement and/or philanthropic endeavors.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Nominees must have graduated from Jackson State University (undergraduate or graduate). Posthumous nominations will be considered as well.
- Nominees must have achieved substantial prominence in their profession or through their philanthropic endeavors, and have been honored by professional peers, organizations, and/or the community at the local, national, or international levels. These achievements, philanthropic endeavors and/or financial contributions should be comprehensively documented on the application form, brief narrative and/or resume.
Note: Nominees may be contacted by the JSUNAA Awards Committee to verify data on accompanying documentation if needed.
The submission must be accompanied by supporting documents that demonstrate the following:
- Significant contributions to their profession or community
- Accomplishments and Honors
- Nominations will be accepted through April 15, 2018. Nominees will be notified by June 01, 2018.
- Nominations may be made by another alumni member or by the nominee. If the nominator is not the nominee, please include the nominee in the application process in order to get complete and accurate information.
- Submit the nomination application, resume, narrative and appropriate supporting documentation.
- An electronic confirmation will be sent within five (5) business days of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact Daphne Marshall-Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm receipt of your nomination package.
Outstanding Achievement Award Recognition
The Outstanding Achievement Award recipient will be recognized at various designated events throughout the year and each recipient will also receive a personal award.
The official announcement of the recipient will be at a signature event of the JSUNAA, Inc. Recipients may also be recognized at the following events:
- Ride in the JSU Homecoming parade
- Recognized at the Homecoming Pre-game Show
- JSUNAA Annual Fall Council Meeting
Note: The Office of Alumni and Constituency Relations will be responsible for coordinating the process and ensuring that the recipients are prepared for the events.