The Jackson State University National Alumni Association Hall of Fame Award is given to an alumnus who has distinguished themselves over their lifetime by making an impact on society through their respective professions, community involvement, philanthropic endeavors, and support for Jackson State University.
Recipients of this prestigious award will join the ranks of other alumni recognized for their lifetime of giving to others by Jackson State University.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Nominees must have graduated from Jackson State University (undergraduate or graduate) at least fifteen (15) years prior to nomination. Posthumous nominations will be considered as well.
- Nominees must have made significant financial or service contributions to their professions, their community, Jackson State University and/or JSUNAA. Nominees must have made significant philanthropic contributions at the local, national, and/or international levels.
- Nominees must have a lifetime of outstanding accomplishments and have been honored by professional peers, organizations, or the community at the local, national, or international levels. These accomplishments, achievements, philanthropic endeavors and/or financial contributions should be comprehensively documented on the application form, brief narrative and/or resume.
A maximum of two awards will be given each year in addition to the automatic inductees (Alumnus of the Year and JSUNAA National President).
Note: Nominees may be contacted by the JSUNAA Awards Committee to verify data on accompanying documentation if needed.
Previous nominees must re-submit a nomination form with the supporting documents.
The submission must be accompanied by supporting documents that demonstrate the following:
- Significant Contributions in their profession
- Community Involvement, or philanthropic endeavors
- Financial or Service contributions to Jackson State University
- Accomplishments and Honors
- Nominations will be accepted through April 30, 2017. Recipients will be notified by June 30, 2017.
- Nominations may be made by another alumni member or the individual. If the nominator is not the nominee, please include the nominee in the application process.
- Submit the nomination application, resume, narrative, and appropriate supporting documentation.
- An electronic confirmation will be sent within five (5) business days of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact Daphne Marshall-Moore (email@example.com) to confirm receipt of your nomination package.
Hall of Fame Award Recognition
The Hall of Fame recipient(s) will be recognized at various designated events each year. Each recipient will receive a personal award. The official announcement of the recipient will be at a signature event of the JSUNAA, Inc. Recipients may also be recognized at the following events:
- Ride in the JSU Homecoming parade
- Recognized at the Homecoming Pre-game Show
- JSUNAA Annual Fall Council Meeting
Note: The Office of Alumni and Constituency Relations will be responsible for coordinating the process and ensuring that the recipients are prepared for the events.
Induction of Alumnus of the Year and National President into the Hall of Fame
The Alumnus of the Year is the highest honor that can be bestowed upon an alumnus. Therefore, the Alumnus of the Year will be inducted into the Hall of Fame the year following their reign as Alumnus of the Year.
The Jackson State University Alumni National President, at the end of his/her term and upon leaving the office in good standing, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, if they are not already members of this prestigious group.